Longtime followers of this blog, all three of you, will remember that I used to do a regular feature called Things I’ve Learnt Over the Last Month. Clearly I haven’t learnt much recently as it’s been over a year since I last blessed you with my pearls of fatuous wisdom.
We’re well into 2017 now but I think we can all agree that 2016 was a… let’s say special year. So here is a list of non-related conclusions that I have drawn from my last 12 months on planet Earth.
- It will never not surprise me just how early it starts getting dark in the winter.
- You should take every chance to travel that comes your way. Not just abroad, but new cities, towns and even places in your own location you don’t know well. There’s so much world out there.
- Beauty is very often in the details.
- Having incorrectly predicted the results of two of the West’s biggest elections, it is clear that I know very little about politics. And neither do pollsters, it would seem.
- The Belgian people are a lot prouder of Stella Artois than they should be.
- If 2016 has taught us one thing, it’s that death is no respecter of fame, money, talent or power.
- I’ll never not love my friends.
- I’ll also never not love Friends.
- I’m now officially a (reluctant) fan of Little Mix. What can I say? Those girls make some catchy songs. This is exactly what happened with Taylor swift in 2014 when I started liking her deviously addictive music against my will and now I’d happily follow that woman into war. I’m a little worried about where this Little Mix thing is going, to be honest… I mean, there’s four of them. Imagine how much more power they can wield over me.
- I’m not that great at making decisions.
- God loves me more than I can possibly wrap my head around.
- Having not been a student for over a year now, I’m now fully able to go to nice bars for drinks without wanting to go to a club. It’s a thing now.
- Apparently I’ve been kicking footballs wrong my whole life. Oh well.
Hope you enjoyed this compilation of my inane musings about life. This year I’ll try and keep them a little more regular.
Have a great 2017.