Like the citizens of Narnia, I never quite thought we’d make it through winter and am continuously shocked at how the spring sun continues to shine. I’m half expecting it to snow tomorrow.
Regardless, this year is chugging along rather determinedly and we’re already halfway through April. That’s almost a third of 2017 all used up.
As a rule, I try as much as possible to avoid learning things. I’m no longer in education, so surely that means I already know all there is to know. Occasionally however, some new nugget of knowledge will slip through the blockades and plant itself firmly into the recesses of my mind.
Here are some from the last month.
- Spring is my absolute favourite.
- I’m really into politics. Sorry, I mean political drama TV shows. Same thing, right?
- Beetroot isn’t completely unassailably, irredeemably disgusting. Just quite disgusting.
- Time just gets faster and faster. Unless you’re at work. Then it gets slower and slower, until you leave work, at which point it immediately speeds up again.
- TV show Scandal is woefully underrated in this country.
- Sunshine always puts me in a good moods.
- God is greater than I ever could have imagined.
- There is such a thing as too much McDonald’s.
- York’s coffee shop scene is unparalleled.
- If I keep consuming coffee at my current rate I’ll be bankrupt before the year is out.
- Americans think that “burgularize” is a word. Bless them.