I was talking to this blog, by the way. Not you, sorry.
We’ve had a little makeover. You like?
We also have a new address:
I thought it would be easier than continuing to force you to spell out my whole name.
So it’s out with the old and in with the new. And since it’s been a while, I thought I’d come back with another Things I’ve Learnt post. Turns out it’s been just over a year since I last posted one.
And just for the record, I am fully aware how clunkily the title is phrased, but it’s too late now. I considered changing it, but I kind of like how it’s awkward and moderately inconvenient for little to no reward.
Not unlike blogging.
Here is a list of my opinions masquerading as fact. Enjoy.
- Most strangers are reasonably nice. There’s no reason to be nervous about meeting new people.
- In York, where I live, I am comfortably a 7 or an 8 on a good day. In london, where I recently visited, I’m a 4.5. Humbling.
- Time flies when you’re having fun.
- Time also flies when you have a 9-5 routine.
- Turns out my body isn’t a fan of milk anymore. This is a huge inconvenience for me.
- Coconut milk is passable (and actually tastier), but “milk” is a very loose term.
- There has been a little back and forth over the years, but I can now say with all certainty that I truly detest football.
- I want no part in your sordid festival of false god-worship that deifies frankly fascist ideals of strength in the deification of a chosen few who embody a twisted form of ubermensch-type masculinity. Or the World Cup, or whatever you call it…
- That said, I was metres away from David Beckham when I visited London Fashion Week Men’s, so I’m basically a professional footballer now.
- Life can be so hard, but God is so good.
- That feeling when you just hear a new song that you love is better than drugs… I assume…